Sunday, May 15, 2011

be positive

So for the past few weeks, I have been trying to make some simple changes in my life, in the hopes that they will help me on my journey of battling depression and anxiety.
As a result, I have slowly been seeing some differences in my outlook on life.
I want to share with y'all some of the changes I'm making...
  1. Listen to music that inspires, every day.
  2. Find time to read a good book, every day.
  3. Read a talk from the most recent General Conference, every night.
  4. Work on saying my prayers first thing in the morning so that I don't forget.
  5. Practice my breathing.
  6. Exercise, at least three days a week.
  7. Take my vitamins, every day.
  8. Go to the temple, at least once a week.
  9. Say something kind to someone, every day.
  10. Remind myself of something that makes me special, every day.
I am still having a really rough time right now.
Honestly, I am not trying to hide it in any way.
However, I have felt the beginnings of a shift in my life.
I feel like these simple changes I am choosing to make have been helping me put a focus on bettering myself.
It's a slow process, but at least I am working towards it, right?

No comments: