Monday, August 16, 2010

20 hours

Sorry for neglecting this blog over the last few weeks.
I hope y'all forgive me...
I've learned that it can be tough keeping up more than one blog.
But anywho...

August 4, 2010
my temple day

20 hours from right now, I will be "Sister Crowe."
20 hours from right now, I will be set apart as a full-time missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I fly out to Salt Lake City bright and early on Wednesday morning.
["bright and early" means we've gotta be out the door and on our way to the airport no later than 5:50am.]
I enter the Provo MTC at 12:45pm.

My emotions are all over the place.
A huge part of me is excited.
I'm just itching to put on that little black name tag and get to work.
I'm also a little nervous [but thankfully not as nervous as i thought i would be].
I hear that's normal, though, so I guess it's okay.

Last night, a big group of people from my ward came by our house.
It's a tradition in our ward to sing "God Be with You Till We Meet Again" to the new missionaries right before they enter the MTC.
I've always loved that hymn, but it was much more personal this time.
It was so precious, and I hope I never forget those few sweet moments.

Well, this is it.
I probably won't get another chance to post after tonight.
If you would like to stay updated on my missionary adventures, my parents will be keeping up a blog [sistercrowe.blogspot.com].
Feel free to follow along.

So long, farewell...
Ready or not, Georgia, here I come!
Love y'all!!

1 comment:

Jesse B. Hannah said...

I'm sad yet thrilled at the same time. I'll miss you terribly, but you'll be a wonderful, amazing missionary, and I can't wait to hear all of the stories you'll come home with and to see how much you'll have grown and changed and how much your testimony will have grown over these next 18 months.

Go get 'em. :)