Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012

Holy craycray, are we really at the start of a brand new year already???

I'm not gonna lie, 2011 started off kinda rocky, and it definitely didn't turn out the way that I'd planned...
But that's okay.
Heavenly Father sure knows what He's doing!

I can honestly say that I am happy with where I am today and what I am doing with my life.
I love being home with my family.
I love what I am learning in school.
I love my job and working with my daddy.
I loved being home for the holidays again.
I love having the gospel in my life and looking for opportunities to serve here at home.
I love our two new baby kitties.


...wait, whaaa???


Yuppers, y'all read that right!


So I never posted about this [bad blogger award, once again], but our 17 1/2-year-old kitty, Abby, passed away in her sleep early the morning of November 30.
She had been a part of our family since she was about six weeks old.
We all took it pretty hard, and it felt weird only having two cats again [we'd had more than two cats for 12 years].


Fast forward to Christmas morning.
Mama was opening a gift from Daddy.
It was a small box, and inside that box was another wrapped box, and inside that box was a memory stick.
Chris ran to get the digital picture frame so we could see what was on it.
We got it all set up, and we watched as the frame reeled through pictures of kittens...always two kittens together.
Then Daddy announced that we would go to pick out two baby kittens that coming week.
Of course, we were all ecstatic!


And we are loving our new babies, Lucy and Annabel!
[i would post pics, but Chris took my little uploader thingamajig with him to work...but soon!]

Lucy is a tortie and Annabel is a calico, and they are both so sweet and playful!
We're thinking Lucy might have been the runt of the litter, since she's a little smaller than Annabel, but she sure has a wild streak!
[they're about five months old, and we're going to say that their birthdays are july 28, since we brought them home on december 28.]
We are in love with them, and we're so excited to have them in our family!


Anywho, Happy 2012!!!
I hope this year brings y'all many blessings!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yay for new kittens!!! And I'm glad things are going well for you, Rebecca :)