Sunday, June 27, 2010

still waiting

Hopefully my call will be arriving this week. Hoping, hoping, hoping...

Patience is a virtue.

My bishop's being really nice and is trying to keep me updated on the status.
My mailman probably appreciates it, too.

I don't know what I am throwing myself into.
I will be in a different place, with no family, no friends, and maybe no understanding of the language or normal food.
If you were to ask a random person on the street, they would think I was crazy to do this...

But I know why I am doing this.
It is rather simple.
I love Heavenly Father.
I love Jesus.
I am happy.
I want to share the happiness I've found in the gospel with others.
I want a happier world.
Yes...this is why I want to be a missionary.

I have those tingling feelings inside right now, telling me this is good.
[phew.]
Heavenly Father knows who I am.
And He knows what I can handle.

2 comments:

Jesse B. Hannah said...

You're definitely doing the right thing. I'll never get tired of saying how proud I am of you for making this choice, and it makes me so happy and is such a reinforcement to my own testimony to see what a positive attitude you have, and how much you want to go serve and why. :)

Hang in there!! It feels like forever but your Big White Envelope will be here soon!!

Katie said...

Yay Rebecca! You're so awesome and you're going to be an incredible missionary :) I can't wait for your call!!!!!